Top tips for finding another job
1. Sign on at your local Jobcentre Plus.
2. Trawl the local papers.
3. Talk to your friends, family and Usdaw contacts.
4. Contact companies directly.
5. Check out job vacancy websites, for example:
Help and advice when applying for jobs
Directgov offers advice on the following:
You can get personalised, one-to-one help by talking to an adviser.
You can also get advice on how to build your CV.
Tel: 0800 100 900.
Jobcentre Plus offers general advice in the following publications:
- Finding a job
- Find your way back into work Job Kit
- Jobcentre Plus telephone service - There is a quick and easy phone service which keeps you in touch with the latest job vacancies and helps you find the job that's right for you. Tel: 0845 6060 234.
Training and improving your skills
For more information visit our training opportunities area.
Usdaw cannot take responsibility for the content of external sites.