We use cookies to ensure that we can give you the best user experience. By continuing to use our website you are consenting to their use. Find out more.

What language do you need?

How to report a hate crime

In an emergency – where a hate crime is in progress or someone is in immediate danger – you should always call 999.

You can report a hate crime directly to the police by calling the non-emergency number 101.

Hate crimes in England, Wales and Northern Ireland can be reported to the Police online through True Vision at report-it.org.uk

People living in Scotland should use the Police Scotland online reporting form at: www.scotland.police.uk/secureforms/hate-crime

If you need any help reporting a crime you can contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or call the Usdaw Helpline: 0800 030 80 30.

In addition, you can report hate crime to the following independent organisations who support those communities most at risk and offer an alternative way of reporting if you don’t want to report to the police, including:
  If the incident happens at work, talk to your Usdaw rep and your manager.

Free prize draw

Enter our free prize draw to win a £100 Love2Shop Gift Voucher courtesy of Usdaw Protect.

The official website of the Union of Shop, Distributive and Allied Workers