Area Organisers, Recruitment and Development Officers, and Training Officers will be pulling out all the stops to give the Union a massive membership boost.
Vital to the success of this initiative is our dedicated team of reps and activists who will play a pivotal role during the Week.
We will only be successful if we work as a team to strengthen our membership where we already have members and reach out to those potential members at unorganised sites.
It promises to be an exciting week with new promotional leaflets and posters in the pipeline and a determination to make a real difference in workplaces across the UK.
We need to identify the thousands of new members who are within our grasp and explain to them how Usdaw can improve their working lives.
Speak to your manager now about time off to organise a stall in the canteen, or time off to talk to new starters/non-members. Arrange your team of reps on to a rota so everyone spends some time focused on this recruitment initiative.
If we all start planning for the week now we can deliver a massive boost to our membership across all Usdaw sectors which will be unprecedented in the Union's history.
Start planning now: checklist
- Speak to your manager about time off to organise an event.
- Order recruitment leaflets and promotional materials in advance.
- Identify areas/departments in your workplace where membership is low.
- Arrange your team of reps on a rota to cover all shifts.
- Contact your Area Organiser or local office for help.
- Contact the Network/Arena team with details of your event and to discuss photographs and coverage in the magazines.
Contact your Area Organiser or local office for more details.
Send your pictures to: [email protected]
If you're on Twitter or Instagram you can follow us @UsdawUnion or use #JoinUsdaw
Error loading Flickr Gallery.