I apply to join Usdaw. As a member of Usdaw I undertake to abide by the rules and regulations of the Union and to pay contributions regularly. I hereby authorise my employers for the time being, or their representatives, to deduct from my salary or wages the amount of contributions payable by me under the Union’s Rules, as amended from time to time. I also authorise the deduction of any arrears which may accrue during my employment and agree where appropriate that my employers, or their representatives, shall notify the Union of any future changes in my home address to enable the Union to maintain a register of the names and proper addresses of its members. The home address you give is the address that Usdaw will use for balloting purposes. I give my explicit consent to the processing of data under the Data Protection Act 1998 as specified below. The responsibility for keeping payments up to date rests with the member.
By applying to join Usdaw online I (the applicant) am confirming that I am the owner of the specified bank account. Usdaw’s online join facility will undertake a search with Experian for the purposes of verifying your identity in order to comply with the Union’s legal obligation under BACs processing. Experian may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. A specific (non-credit) footprint is left by Experian and a record of the search will be retained. You can view Experian’s Identity and Fraud Information notice here
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Usdaw will notify you 5 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Usdaw to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Usdaw or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
– If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Usdaw asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
Usdaw takes its responsibilities for managing the requirements of data protection legislation seriously.
Usdaw will process personal data as part of its legitimate activities in providing trade union services and benefits in accordance with the Union’s Objects stated in the Rule Book and to perform its obligations under statute or contract. This involves the processing of personal and sensitive personal data under the current data protection legislation. We will store personal data only for the period necessary under law to enable us to fulfil our legal obligations. You have the right to request access to your personal data, and its rectification, erasure, restriction on processing, and portability. You have the right to withdraw consent for sharing of your personal data and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). For further information about your rights under data protection legislation, please see the ICO web site www.ico.org.uk
The Union’s Data Protection Officer oversees and advises on the operation of the Union’s data protection policies in line with legislation, and acts as the contact point with the ICO.
The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com, or by post: Data Protection Officer, Usdaw, 188 Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M14 6LJ.
The Usdaw website uses Google Analytics tracking and cookies to ensure a better user experience. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored, by your browser, on your computer.
A cookie does NOT give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
The information collected may be analysed to help us understand more about how the website is used by our visitors, and may be used by us to develop and enhance our website and services.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. For more information on how to manage your cookies visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Please note that certain features of the Usdaw website will not be available once cookies are disabled. To ensure visitors get the best from our website, we advise that users keep cookies active on their machine.
Our website also uses Google’s remarketing technology and the Facebook Pixel. This enables users who have already visited our website to receive targeted advertising on the websites of the Google partner network and across the Facebook Audience Network.
More information about how Google uses the information sent by your browser can be found here: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
and through Facebook by visiting https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Images on the Usdaw website are subject to copyright and not normally available for reuse without permission.
By sharing images, video or any other content with us, you grant us permission to use it in our marketing material.
It is possible to email Usdaw using the link above. If, however, your issue is personal or you wish to be assured of a direct response to your query it may be better to write to Usdaw using the postal address 188 Wilmslow Road, Manchester M14 6LJ or telephone our Helpline 0800 030 80 30.
Usdaw Member Offers
Usdaw provides www.usdaw.org.uk/offers as a benefit to Usdaw members (and in some cases Usdaw member’s family and friends). Usdaw is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance to any information contained within the www.usdaw.org.uk/offers area of the website. While the information contained within www.usdaw.org.uk/offers is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this area is correct, complete and up to date. Although the Usdaw website may include links providing direct access to other internet resources, including websites, Usdaw is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites. Links from Usdaw to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by Usdaw of the parties or their products and services. The appearance on the Usdaw website of advertisements and products or service information does not constitute an endorsement by Usdaw and Usdaw has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers. Usdaw recommends you thoroughly research the offers before purchase to ensure it is the best deal for you. Some offers may differ or not be available depending on your location.
View our Social Media House Rules
Google Translate Disclaimer
- Translations of pages on the Usdaw website are performed by Google™ Translate, a third party service which Usdaw has no control over.
- Translated pages are not part of the Usdaw website.
- This service is an automated computer translation and we cannot guarantee exact translation. The translation should be used as a rough guide only.
- If there is a difference between the English version and the translated version, please refer to the English version.
- Some parts of the Usdaw website cannot be translated, for example images / photos, logos etc.
- Usdaw in no way accepts liability for the accuracy of these translations.
- Use of Google™ Translate is at the user's own risk.
- If you have any questions, we suggest you go to the Google™ Translate Frequently Asked Questions http://translate.google.com/support/