The Fashion and Textile Children's Trust (FTCT) gives financial grants to the children of parents and carers who work in the UK fashion and textile industry*. Their grants can help when the basic needs of the child cannot be met. A grant is not a loan and does not have to be repaid.
If your children are aged between 0-18 years and you are struggling financially to make ends meet, you might be able to apply for a grant from FTCT.
FTCT may be able to help families facing the following situations:
- you have been made redundant
- you or your child are suffering from ill health
- you have experienced a relationship breakdown/separation
- you are experiencing unsettled housing or homelessness
- you are experiencing severe financial pressures
- your child has a long term illness or additional needs
No two situations are the same and grants are tailored to suit individual family needs, but here are a few examples of items grants can help to fund:
Day to day items
- Essential clothing and shoes
- Children's bedroom furniture
- School uniform/PE kit
- White goods
To make sure FTCT are the right charity for you, please read their criteria below:
- Mobility equipment
- Sensory toys
- The grants from the charity are only available for children whose parent/carer works or has worked in the UK fashion and textile industry for at least one year, within the last nine years.
- Your child must be 0-18 years.
To find out more or make an enquiry, please visit the website www.ftct.org.uk
or call FTCT's grants team on 0300 123 9002. Calls are free from landlines and cost no more than your standard network rate.
*'Fashion and textile' covers a broad range of roles including staff in high street fashion stores, clothing manufacturer, a supermarket that sells clothing, bridalwear, footwear, soft furnishings and more. For more information, please click here