You should use this form only if your problem is NOT connected with work.
If you have a work-related problem then you can apply for full legal assistance from the Union and you should seek help from your Union representative, Branch Secretary, Area Organiser or Usdaw's Legal Department immediately.
If you have not heard from us within 3 working days please contact the Legal Department during office hours on 0161 249 2473.
Information on how we process and store personal data can be found in our privacy notice
- You should use this form only if your problem is not connected with work. If you have a work-related problem then you should apply for full legal assistance.
- Do not send any documents with this form. Keep them safe until a solicitor contacts you.
- This scheme is only available to members who do not already have a solicitor dealing with the matter.
- The Union cannot be responsible for any expenses incurred in meeting a solicitor, eg travelling expenses or wages loss.
- The Union will only be responsible for the arranging of the initial interview.
- The Union cannot pay for any work done by the solicitor after the initial consultation. You must talk to the solicitor about funding any ongoing case. Our solicitors are committed to providing Usdaw members with the best deal and will advise you as to the arrangement which best suits you.
- If you have a work-related employment problem then you can apply for full legal assistance from the Union and you should seek help from your Union Representative, Branch Secretary, Area Organiser or Usdaw’s Legal Department immediately. Please contact your local office for a Member Application Pack for any employment problems.
- If you are in need of assistance regarding a work-related Criminal Prosecution (including any police or Trading Standards enquiry), please complete our online BL6 form. NB: Assistance under the BL6 scheme does not include travel to and from work.
- If you would like to apply for the FREE Will writing scheme, please complete our BL4 form.