The aim of organising workplace campaign activity on this issue is to let Usdaw members know what sexual harassment is and how to report it.
The campaign materials make it clear that you don’t have to experience sexual harassment yourself to ‘call it out’. If you see or hear comments of a sexual nature that make you feel uncomfortable then you can challenge them.
The campaign is a visible way of demonstrating Usdaw’s zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment in the workplace.
Here is what you might want to do to bring the campaign to life in your workplace. Some of these steps will take five minutes, others will take a little longer.
- First of all talk to your manager to agree how the campaign could be run in your workplace.
- Put the posters up on your Usdaw noticeboard (Poster 1, Poster 2, Poster 3).
- Use the leaflets to theme your Usdaw noticeboard or display them if you're planning an event in the canteen.
- Ask members and non-members to fill in the survey. This raises awareness of the Union’s campaign and helps you discover whether or not sexual harassment is an issue in your workplace. You can discuss the findings with your manager. Hand out the leaflets to your colleagues too.
- Ask members and non-members to show their support for the campaign by giving them a sticker to wear. Make sure you check this out with your manager first.
- Take photos of your campaign activity and email them to [email protected]
- Don’t forget you can get in touch with your Area Organiser who can advise you further about how to run a campaign in your workplace.
If you have any further questions about the campaign then please contact the Equalities Section at Usdaw Central Office on 0161 224 2804 or email [email protected]