We use cookies to ensure that we can give you the best user experience. By continuing to use our website you are consenting to their use. Find out more.

What language do you need?

Have you considered serving on a public or third sector board?

Boardroom Apprentice is a twelve-month unique board learning, development and placement programme which enables those who would like to serve on a public or third sector board to learn and gain experience in a safe way before they take that step. It seeks to enable a wider diversity of individuals to play their part in our boardrooms.

This programme is open to all ages (above 18), all backgrounds and all abilities.

The one key criteria being that you should NOT have held a board position on a public or private sector board or have significant experience on a voluntary, community or social enterprise board.

The following Scottish boards are also signed up (although there is no guaranteed that Scottish applicants would be matched to these boards)

  • Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park Authority Board

  • Scottish Environment Protection Agency

  • Royal Botanic Garden

  • Scottish Fuel Poverty Advisory Panel

  • South of Scotland Enterprise

  • Scottish Children's Reporter Administration

  • Public Health Scotland

If you would like to learn more about this initiative follow the link below:-

Boardroom Apprentice | Get On Board

Free prize draw

Enter our free prize draw to win a £100 Love2Shop Gift Voucher courtesy of UsdawProtect.

The official website of the Union of Shop, Distributive and Allied Workers