The NHS Test and Trace service seeks to identify those who have symptoms of Covid-19 (Coronavirus), provide them with a test and notify anyone who may have been in contact with them.
The service then aims to notify relevant people that they must self-isolate at home to stop the spread of the virus.
However, it seems scammers are seeking to exploit the system to gain people's personal details.
The NHS Test and Trace service will NEVER:
- ask for bank details or payments
- ask for details of any other accounts, such as social media
- ask you to set up a password or PIN number over the phone
- ask you to call a premium rate number, such as those starting 09 or 087
- ask you to download software onto your PC or device
- ask you to access any website that isn't GOV or NHS.
If you're worried about fraudsters claiming to be from NHS Test and Trace -
take note of this advice.
If NHS Test and Trace calls you it will be from their single number
0300 0135 000.
The only website to visit is: contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk.