The Union runs Membership Week campaigns twice a year, one in January and one in June. These weeks have made a significant contribution to Usdaw’s membership growth over the last eight years.
During Membership Week, Union officials dedicate all of their time to working with reps to mount on-site recruitment drives to bring in new members.
Additional recruitment materials are made available both from the local offices and Central Office. Reps often use a theme during these weeks, eg Legal Plus and FirstCall, Pensions, Freedom From Fear, Supporting Parents and Carers and other campaigns to raise awareness of the benefits of Union membership.
Membership Week Checklist
- Speak to your manager about time off to organise an event.
- Order recruitment leaflets and promotional materials in advance.
- Identify areas/departments in your workplace where membership is low.
- Arrange your team of reps on a rota to cover all shifts.
- Contact your Area Organiser or local office for help.
- Contact the Network/Arena team with details of your event and to discuss photographs and coverage in the magazines.
Contact your Area Organiser or local office for more details.
regularly carries photos and case studies of reps in action during Membership Week.
Send your pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're on Twitter or Instagram you can follow us @UsdawUnion or use #JoinUsdaw