Financial grants for children of retail workers
The retail sector has been severely affected by the pandemic and we understand the rising cost of living is causing concern for many retail workers with families to support.
The Fashion & Textile Children's Trust (FTCT) gives financial grants to help parents and carers who work in the UK fashion and textile industry
. Their grants can help ease the financial strain of redundancy, reduced working hours or financial hardship, by covering the cost of essential items for children in the family.
For more information on jobs which meet their criteria, please click here.
If your children are aged between 0-18 years and you are struggling financially to make ends meet, you might be able to apply for a grant from FTCT.
What the charity can fund:
- Essential clothing, e.g. seasonal clothing and school uniform and PE kit
- Baby essentials, e.g. clothing or equipment
- Children's bedroom furniture, e.g. beds, bedding, clothes storage furniture (chest of drawers)
- Essential White Goods, e.g. replacing a broken appliance such as fridge/freezer, washing machine, cooker/oven
- Specialist items for children with additional needs, e.g. sensory toys, adaptive clothing, SEN adapted computers, specialist equipment or mobility equipment
No two situations are the same and grants are tailored to suit individual family needs.
“I would definitely recommend Fashion & Textile Children's Trust to anyone that works in the fashion and textile industry and is going through financial struggle. The grant was an enormous help for my family. I was able to buy items my son needed without putting myself further into debt.” FTCT grant recipient.
To find out more or make an enquiry, please visit the website www.ftct.org.uk