The Fashion and Textile Children's Trust (FTCT) gives financial support to parents and carers who work in the UK fashion and textile industry*. Their grants can help when the basic needs of the child cannot be met. A grant is not a loan and does not have to be repaid.
FTCT may be able to help when you are facing one of the following:
- the parent is the carer of a child with additional needs
- you have been made redundant
- you or your child are suffering from ill health
- you have experienced a relationship breakdown/separation
- you are experiencing unsettled housing or homelessness
- you are experiencing severe financial pressures
All applications are reviewed on a case by case basis. Here are examples of items their grants can help to fund:
Day to day items
- Essential clothing and shoes
- Children's bedroom furniture
- School uniform/PE kit
- White goods
Before you make an enquiry, please ensure that you meet the following criteria:
- Mobility equipment
- Sensory toys
- Respite activities
- The grants from the charity are only available for children whose parent/carer works in the UK fashion and textile industry. The child must be 0-18 years.
- You must have worked in the UK fashion and textile industry* for at least one year, within the last nine years.
- You must be receiving child benefit for the child who needs a grant and be able to show why you are not able to provide the items requested.
To find out more or make an enquiry, please visit the website www.ftct.org.uk
or call 0300 123 9002. Calls are free from landlines and cost no more than your standard network rate.
*'Fashion and textile' cover a broad range of roles including employees who work in a high street fashion store, a clothing manufacturer, a supermarket that sells clothing, bridalwear, footwear, soft furnishings and more. For more information, please click here