Established in 1853, the Fashion and Textile Children's Trust (FTCT) gives financial support to parents and carers working in the UK fashion and textile industry, towards essential items for their children (aged 0-18 years).
FTCT currently has funding available for families where one or more children has a disability or additional needs. Grants range from £750 upwards and can extend to all children in the family, not just those with additional needs. No two families are the same, but in circumstances like these, here is a list of items a FTCT grant can typically help with:
Day to day items:
- Winter clothing and shoes
- Children's school travel costs
- Essential study equipment
- School uniform
- PE kit
- Mobility equipment
- Sensory toys
- Learning support
- Speech therapy
- Respite activities
Applications for essential items between £250-£750 will re-open on 1st April 2017.
To make an application, you must fit the following criteria:
- The parent or full-time carer must currently work or have recently worked in the UK fashion and textile industry - within the last nine years, for at least one year. Please ensure you have evidence of your trade connection before you apply. Click here to see the roles covered.
- The child must be aged between 0-18 years.
To find out more visit the website www.ftct.org.uk
or call 0300 123 9002. Calls are free from landlines and cost no more than your standard network rate.