Learning at Work Week aims to put the spotlight on the importance and benefits of learning and development.
It is an opportunity for all organisations that offer adult learning activity of any form to present a special promotional activity or to label an existing one as Learning at Work Week.
If you are interested in taking part please visit the Learning at Work Week website www.campaign-for-learning.org.uk
or contact your Lifelong Learning project worker via your local Usdaw office
Usdaw’s 850 Union Learning Reps have helped organise workplace events throughout the UK to encourage colleagues to consider joining the 9,242 members who have already returned to learning in the past year alone. Working with employers, local colleges and a range of other learning providers, members will be able to try their hand at a huge range of courses and activities designed to inspire them to learn something new.
Usdaw launched its Lifelong Learning campaign ten years ago and since then:
- More than 70,000 members have returned to some sort of learning.
- More than 1,089 Union Learning Reps have been trained.
- Learning is up and running in over 300+ workplaces.
- Partnerships to access learning have been established with major companies like Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons Distribution, DHL and McVities.
- Partnerships with colleges to promote access to learning have been established all over the country with 40 Learning Provider Agreements signed.
- 65 Active 'on-site' Learning centres.
- 88 sites with joint Learning Committees.
- 60 sites covered by Learning Agreements.
- 49 sites with site level learning funds.